Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Birthdays

June 3 John celebrated his 18th birthday. It seems as though it was only days ago that he was born and now he is almost as tall as me, growing in responsiblity and lots smarter.

Friday and Saturday we spent the day in Managua after we had dropped Bev off at a Pastors' wives retreat. Indiana Jones, Subway sandwiches, walking the malls and time together was the plan for Friday afternoon and evening. It was a good time together. Our real reason for being there was that he was taking the SAT test. He will get ratings in the 700's; smart kid like his mom. Bev and I are proud of him.

Tomorrow is Bev's birthday. I'll not mention her age, but she is only 4 years younger than I am. We'll be going to Managua to take my mom to the airport for a 4 month visit in the States. We'll take advantage of the trip to celebrate her birthday, visit some friends and do the Managua thing - shop and buy.


No comments: