Friday, January 18, 2013

We Give Thanks: a Thanksgiving letter posted in January


Earl and Bev Rutledge


Blessings and peace. 

I have realized that thankfulness is the key to humility and faith. Thanksgiving is key to humility because it reminds us that all comes from the Father of Lights. He is our designer, source, life and salvation. Thanksgiving is key to faith because it reminds us of all ABBA has done for us. Remembering what He has done causes faith to arise so we believe He will do it again.  Truly our Eternal Father is the source of all and He is ready and willing to "do it again".

Give thanks and believe.


We give thanks for Dunamis Institute members Chris Walker, Sam Hale and Judy McManus (intercessor) for their investment of time and effort to come and teach the In the Spirit's Power track of Dunamis. The team, with Earl as translator, realized two seminars in 4 days. It was an enjoyable and profitable time. 

In Jinotega they taught Ignite from 8 am til 8 pm to 30 participants including 7 pastors. In Matagalpa the teaching started Friday night and ended Sunday at noon with a registered participation of 47 people. 

During the review on Saturday evening the pastors commented that the teaching was scriptural, practical and understandable, and the group lab times were a great opportunity to practice and process what they had learned. We all look forward to their return in the spring to teach the Prayer track. 

Bev spent 3 weeks with her parents in Florida while her dad underwent a knee replacement surgery in Orlando. It was a tremendous answer to prayer for her to stay at a friend of a friend's for 4 nights while her dad was in the hospital.  God's hand at work was confirmed when wediscovered that her hostess lived only 4 miles from the hospital.

Dad's recovery is going well; he is walking more normal and with less pain than he has in years. We thank God for His healing touch and for allowing Bev to help her parents during this time.

The kids did a commendable job of cleaning, cooking, and laundering during Bev's absence, and even Esperanza entered into the work. Luke and Kelsy also spent 3 days at an Identity Youth Conference. We give thanks for this "epic" experience that impacted their lives.

As we close the year we also give thanks for the maturing of our older children and their achievements. 

 Lance

The past months in Norway have truly been a wonderful experience for me as I have learned so much about God and myself; creativeness and living in a community. I have had several weeks of teaching (two of which have been "knowing God and making Him known" and "kingdom principles") and other  weeks devoted to classes in fine art, classic art and graphic design. 
 
During a creative exercise, I painted a prophetic painting for one of my classmates.

The meaning behind this painting is this: the light emanating from the figure is the presence of the Holy Spirit. Because of His presence, the grass near to her turns green, and where the light reaches, things turn to gold. Because of the Holy Spirit in her, wherever she goes, she will prosper.


Judah

The semester is nearly over and it has been the most challenging so far in terms of hours and difficulty of classes. Most of my classes are directly linked to engineering, so I am heavily laden with math and technical science courses. I would greatly appreciate prayer for understanding and discipline in my courses.

God has blessed me in many ways. I continue to work as a lab assistant in both the Machine Tool lab and the Materials Joining lab here at LeTourneau University. I sought work in the Materials Joining lab my first semester so I could develop skill and knowledge in welding without taking extra classes, and over the past several weeks, my job has allowed me to practice and improve my welding skills. Though I started out sweeping the shop floor, I have been tremendously blessed by God to be today where I set my sights over 13 months ago.

Please pray for God's continued provision. 
He's been good! He won't stop now. 

John

I am wrapping up my senior year at John Brown University next semester, and I will graduate with a BA in International Business and a minor in marketing. I love my major and I've been busy completing my capstone business project. This is a two semester long project integrated with a class called Strategic Management. Students choose teams of 4 people and then work together to develop a business from the ground up. This includes strategic growth plans and financials for the first five years of operations. I've been blessed with incredible teammates and together we've learned how unattainable perfection can seem at times, but we are pressing on!

On top of the "all consuming" capstone project, I am also president for JBU's chapter of Enactus. This club focuses on the application of entrepreneurship to social development in countries all over the world. Leading a team of officers has been a great learning experience, and the role is providing me with leadership skills and opportunities to network.

I am currently applying for jobs in the Northwest Arkansas area and am interested in pursuing a masters degree. Prayers for God's direction are appreciated as I approach a new season in life.

THANK YOU

Without you we could not minister to Nicaragua.

Thank you for your prayer and financial support. 

Prayer needs:
·  Greater knowledge and understanding of God's plan in Nicaragua 
·  Favor with whom we are working 
·  Increased financial support to cover our increased travel in Nicaragua and to the States 
·  Funds for Lance's Discipleship Training School and outreach expenses to Southeast Asia  
If you desire, you can send support to our World Outreach Fellowship address. Thank you all! 

Grace and peace,

Earl and Bev Rutledge





No comments: