Friday, June 27, 2008

Reality Is Setting In

July 15 is the take off date. It is a date that for Bev and me and our family is a don’t look back date. It is a go for it date. It is a make it or break it date. It is the day we leave for our two month family trip in the States, but more than that, it is leaving the church we startes 9 1/2 years ago, La Fuente, in the hands of our qualified and experienced leaders and going to start a new church in Jinotega, a city 30 km. north of here. We’ve got to take the leap.

We must continue with what God has called us to do. It’s not that we’ll never be here again nor is it that we will not participate here, nor is it a time to not help or work together. But it is the time to let the children fly. I know they will go where I’ve never gone before; I know they will do things I have never done before; I know they will achieve heights I have never acheived; and if I don’t give the leadership to them, La Fuente will never be what she is supposed to be.

I think my monthly reflection written today speaks to me in a way that is equal to or greater than how much desire for it to speak to our people. We both need to fly and if we continue holding on to each other we’ll never get off the ground.

Inside me I hear, “Turn them loose, let them go, take your trip and go forward. They will be fine without you.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yea… it’s time and I'll always be with them. By the way, you’ll be okay too.”

No comments: